Natural Cold Relief – Minimize your Symptoms and Return to Enjoying Your Life
During the time of year when the common cold is most prevalent, many of us will use the tried and tested ways of relieving the symptoms of a stuffy nose, cough and sore throat. The entire sinus area is often affected, preventing the ability to continue our lives as normal. Although there are many over-the-counter remedies for alleviating the symptoms, there are also other ways in which the life of the cold could be shortened.
Common Methods of Cold Relief
For general cold relief, the following are the more conventional ways used to ease cold symptoms:
- Menthol Salve – Rubbed into the chest and the nose to open up airways, to make breathing easier
- Hot Drinks – Often containing painkillers such as paracetamol, to bring down a fever and decongest the stuffy nose
- Steam Breathing – Holding the head over a bowl of hot water, allowing the steam to loosen up the stuffiness in the nose and ease congestion
- Saltwater Gargling – Eases the soreness in the throat
- Saline Spray – Breaks up the congestion in the nose
Natural Methods of Relieving Cold Symptoms
Although many of the common methods can help with easing some of the symptoms of a cold, there are a number of alternatives, which can be utilised in order to reduce the length of time the cold remains in the system. Many are household ingredients, which can be used effectively to treat the cold and get your life back to normal, sometimes much sooner than expected!
- Honey – It has anti-bacterial properties, helps to boost immunity and can soothe a sore throat and ease that annoying cough
- Ginger – Full of anti-inflammatory gingerols, which can kill rhinoviruses and relieve a sore throat
- Turmeric – A high-strength antioxidant, which improves cardiovascular function and joint health and also acts as an anti-inflammatory like ginger
- Garlic – Contains antibacterial, antibiotic and anti-fungal properties, all of which will fight the cold to prevent it from continuing for longer than it needs to
- Cinnamon – Antiviral and antibiotic, this tasty spice helps to relieve congestion and coughs
- Coconut Oil – Boosts the immune system and is considered to weaken viruses, making them more vulnerable to attack from the immune system
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Can help to boost immunity and removes toxins from the body, helping to kill viruses and bacteria
Natural Supplements to Aid Cold Relief
- Vitamin C – Supports the immune system, helps to banish a cold
- Vitamin D – Reduces the chance of contracting a cold in the first place
- Probiotics – Help to maintain the good bacteria in the gut, boosting immunity
- Zinc – Essential for immunity, reduces severity and can shorten the length of a cold
Benefits of Natural Ingredients
By consuming natural ingredients rather than remedies that contain painkillers or other artificial additives, you are giving your liver and kidneys the chance to eliminate toxins and infections more effectively. All of the vitamins and minerals contained within the natural ingredients can be absorbed and used to naturally fight off germs, enabling the body to repair and rejuvenate in a shorter amount of time.
Phytorelief can be taken at the same time as other natural alternatives, due to its own natural ingredients of ginger, turmeric and pomegranate. There are no side affects or contra-indications to be concerned about; the main constituents are immune boosting and full of potent antibacterial and antiviral properties. Phytorelief has been proven to be a natural aid to cold relief and can help to reduce the severity and length of cold symptoms.