Top Tips for Natural Joint Care – Keeping Joints Healthy Through Diet and Fitness
In the fast-paced environment in which we live, we can sometimes neglect the benefits of looking after ourselves naturally; in favour of going to the doctor when our bodies are out of kilter and hoping he can ‘fix’ the problem. When it comes to our joints, this kind of mentality is not worth the risk. Once the joints are damaged, sometimes there is no easy answer or pill, which will mend the problem. In this case, we need to observe our lifestyle, in terms of diet and exercise, in order to maintain our mobility into our later years.
The more active you are, the more your body reaps the benefits and that includes your joints. In building muscle tone, you are actively supporting your joints by creating a sound support system. If your lifestyle is sedentary with very little exercise, the impact of this means your joints will be taking the strain, rather than your muscles, leaving yourself open to damage and pain.
If you are overweight, the best tonic for your joints is to lose those unnecessary extra pounds. Your entire body will thank you for it and none more so than your joints. The chance of developing Osteoarthritis is a real possibility if you remain the same weight, as you get older.
It always seems to be that whatever is put into your mouth can either cause or heal problems. This is definitely the case in terms of your joint health. A balanced diet, rich in fruit, vegetables and fish is the best way to help your joints. To get those all-important inflammation-reducing Omega 3s into your system, eat at least 2 portions of fish per week. Beans and pulses should be included in your diet, as they are crucial in helping your body repair itself. Try to avoid too much sugar in your diet, as it can cause inflammation in the body and make any joint pain worse.
Foods rich in Antioxidants which help to support your joints, include:
- Oranges, Grapefruit and Papaya
- Avocado, Sunflower Seeds and Peanut Butter
- Brazil Nuts, Oats and Brown Rice
- Salmon, Sardines, Walnuts and Flaxseed Oil
- Sesame Seeds, Almonds, Pulses and Dried Figs
For some people, it’s difficult to maintain healthy eating which incorporates all of the necessary nutrients, all of the time. This is where supplements can help to support you and your joint health.
- Collagen – Essential ingredient of a joint cartilage, repairs & protects joints
- Glucosamine – Production decreases as we age, builds cartilage in joints
- Chondroitin – Part of cartilage, benefits seen when taken with Glucosamine
- Ginger is both a spice and a herb, with pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory benefits, an ideal supplement for Osteoarthritis
- Boswelia is able to regulate white blood cells and relieve swelling and pain
- Omega 3 Oils – Essential fatty acids. For non-fish eaters or Flaxseed Oil for vegetarians
Our joint supplements comprise only the best in natural active ingredients, which is why they contain both ginger and boswellia, to ease the pain in the most natural way possible.